Switch between the tabs to modify the app's properties, change the design of each app form (creation, view, and edit) and select fields that will be displayed on tiles.
On this tab, you can set up the creation form on an app item.
To set up the form, move the properties from the Context column to the Name on form column. Use the drag and drop technology to change the properties order. Each property in the Name on form column stands for a field on the page, which the users will have to fill in when creating a new item.
You can mark properties as required and as read-only.
To add a new property, click +Add. The new property will appear in the Context column and on the Context tab.
Display of properties
You can define how the property will look on the page: edit its name, add the tip, and mark the field as required or read only.
To change the settings, click on the property's name in the Name on form column.
The Change field window will open. It features the General settings tab and the App Item tab (in case of an app-type property).
- Property: The name that you specified when creating the property. It cannot be changed.
- Name on form *: The name that the users will see on the form. You can change it if needed.
- Tip: Additional information that explains to the users how to fill in the field on the creation page.
- Required: Check this box to make this field a required one.
- Read only: When this box is selected, users will not be able to edit this field on the item creation form.
- Hide if the field is empty - This box is available only for read-only fields. If such a field is left empty, it will not be shown on the form. Note, that this setting is not available for app-type properties.
If the property is of the app type, an additional App item tab will appear. On this tab, you can select how the item will be added to the form. The detailed description of this feature can be found in the article Creating app items on the page of another item.
After the creation form is set up, click on the Save button in the upper right corner of the page.
On this tab, you can customize the item view page.
The view form is set up in the same way as the creation form. Since on a view page users do not need to perform any actions, the fields on this form cannot be marked as required.
By clicking on the name of the property, you can change some of its parameters. For example, edit the name on the form or add a tip.
The app-type properties have an additional Properties tab. It displays the context (properties) of the app.
For example, the Legal entity app has such properties as the Name, Details, and Director. properties are displayed.
You can add them to the item view form.
To apply changes to the creation form, click Save in the top right corner.
If you want to delete the templates that you have applied and cancel all the changes, click Reset settings.
On this tab, you can customize the item edit page.
This form is configured in the same way as the creation form.
You can configure your creation form as described above or use a template. With a template, you can add buttons, widgets, and change the layout of the fields.