You can enable or disable pop-up notifications for new messages in chats or channels, as well as manage push notifications from the browser. In addition, you can enable and disable notifications about the new posts with @mentions of your name.
In user profile
In the user profile, you can customize the pop-up notification settings.
To do this, in the upper right corner of the window, click on your avatar and, in the menu that opens, select Settings.
Go to Notification section – you will see three options:
- All events – select this option if you want to receive pop-up notifications about all new events in the system. When someone shares the news in a channel, writes you a personal message or completes the task you have assigned, you will see a pop-up notification in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Personal events – if you select this option, you will receive notifications only about those events that contain the @mention of your name. It may be personal messages, messages with @mentions, tasks, calendar events.
- Do not notify – If pop-up notifications are distracting, and you prefer to turn them off completely, select this option. The system will not notify you about new posts in the Messages section even if someone @mentions you in a message.
- Change mobile app settings – notification settings for mobile devices and for PC may vary. For example, it is possible to receive only @metion notifications on your mobile. To do so, select the option, and then choose the type of notifications in the drop-down list.
- Send email notifications about new tasks - if you select this option, then each time someone assigns you with a task, a notification will be sent to the email address specified in your user profile.
In Messages section
In the Messages section, you can mute pop-up notifications for specific channels or chats.
If messaging in a channel or chat becomes too intense, you can turn off notifications by clicking on the horn icon in the upper right corner of the channel or chat page.
Next to the name of the channel or chat, you will see an icon indicating that notifications are muted.
In browser settings
Push notifications from QuickBPM inform you about updates in the Messages section when you work in other programs. They pop up in the lower right corner of the screen even when the window with QuickBPM is minimized. Push notifications are available for Opera, Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari browsers.
The system will ask you to allow push notifications upon the first authentication.
In the future, you can easily enable or disable notifications in your browser settings.