General settings of a business process are configured on the Settings tab. You can schedule an automatic process start triggered by a timer, add a name template, edit the instance summary page layout, select the activity stream that will be displayed on the instance page, etc.
In this section, as well as in the settings of the start event, you can set a schedule to initiate a process automatically on certain days, weeks, or months. You can find a detailed description in the Events article.
If you select the Show in Tasks assigned by me option, the information about all the started process instances will be shown in the Task section on the Assigned by me page.
If you select the Notify about start option, you will see a notification each time the process is launched. By default this option is disabled.
On this tab, as well as in the settings of the Start event, you can add a name template for the process instance. Once it's done you will not need to name a process manually every time you start it.
In the Template field, enter a name for the process instance, if necessary, add a context variable, for example, the full name of the initiator. The list of available variables is opened by clicking on the (+) icon in the right corner of the field.
If the name template was set in the settings of the start event, it will be displayed in this section.
In this section, you configure the layout of the page where all instance information is displayed. By default, the page displays all the context variables of the process. To hide certain variables, uncheck the option Show all fields. Then drag the variables you want to see on the page from the Context column to the Name on the form column.
If necessary, you can configure the layout of the summary page - add or delete tabs, move fields, modify the side panel. To do this, use the form editor. Click the Default link in the upper left corner and then select + Create template. Read more about how to work with the form editor in this article.
On this tab, you select the activity stream that will be displayed on the task pages and instance summary page.
- Associated activity stream of the business process – instance summary pages and process tasks pages will display comments, information about reassigned tasks, notifications sent over the instance execution, and messages about overdue tasks.
- Associated activity stream of the app or file – instance summary pages and process tasks pages will display the activity stream of an app or a file. All comments, information about reassigned tasks, notification and messages about overdue tasks will be saved to the stream. If users discuss something in the app/file stream outside the process, this information will also be displayed on the instance summary page and task pages.
Specify the context variable that refers to the app or file: select it from the list or add a new one by clicking the Create new variable button. If during the execution of the process this variable is not determined, then all messages will be displayed in the stream of the business process.
On this tab, you can work with API, read API description, find out information about the method and the address.
- Description - how this API is used.
- Method is an HTTP request type that indicates to the server which action you want to perform.
- Address - address of the request.
- JSON package - request text.
- Check - on this tab you can check whether your request has been written correctly.
Using the API, you can integrate QuickBPM with your information systems. For example, after a customer places an order on your website, you can automatically start the process of processing the order.