You can automate the work of your company using QuickBPM business processes. For example, you can create the route of the order processing for the Orders app. It will include all work stages: creation, approval, invoice preparation, sending the information to the warehouse, shipping and delivery.
In the process, you can determine the employees who are responsible for each stage, specify their tasks, deadlines, and sequence of actions. Once the process is published, this will allow the system to automatically assign tasks to the responsible employees, monitor schedule compliance, and if the tasks are not completed on time, send notifications to managers.
The order card will have all information that the employees will enter into the system during the process.
Step 1. Add a new process
Add a business process to the Orders app we created earlier.
- Click the gear icon near the name of the app and select the Business Processes item in the menu. A page with associated business processes appears.
- Click the + Process button in the top right corner.
- Name the process and click Create. The process designer page opens.. Here you can set up the route of the order processing.
Step 2. Configure process activities
The workflow represents the process activities. The first activity is added by default. Name it “Approve the order”, for example. In the Executor column, click +Add. In the pop-up window, select the Org chart item and choose the executor. Here you can select a role, a group, a position, a specific person, or a group of people as an executor.
To create a new activity, click +Add step and name it. In the pop-up window, select the type of the activity: task or notification, for example. Create all activities of the process in the same way.
Step 3. Configure task forms
Every task is a process activity with the specific person responsible for it. When an employee opens the task, they find all necessary information on the card: description, colleague commentary, attached files, data, etc.
To configure the task, hover the mouse over its name and click the gear icon. Go to the Form tab.
The app properties are listed in the Name on form column. Each property corresponds with a task field on the card. The employees need to fill out these fields when working with the card. After that, the information automatically goes to the app. You can check the Read only box and add new fields. For example, you can create the upload field for the order invoice file. To do this, click + Add in the top left corner.
In the pop-up window specify the following:
- Name*. «Invoice», for example.
- Tip. Write a tip to help the user fill out the fields correctly.
- Type*. Select the field type in accordance with the information type you want to display in the field. If the user should attach a file, select the File type. If they should enter the date or the total sum, select the Date/Time or the Money type.
You can configure every field of every process in the same way.
Step 4. Setting conditions
You can set conditions for each activity. They decide whether the activity is going to start or not. Click the Condition icon, then click + Condition.
For example, if the total sum is less than or equal to $1500, the Approval task will not be assigned. Instead, the process will move to the next step in the workflow.
Step 5. Publishing the process
To make the QuickBPM process executable, it must be published. After that, the system will automatically assign tasks to the executors in accordance with the process workflow. Before publishing, the process will be automatically checked for logical errors. If any critical errors are found in the process, you will see a warning at the bottom of the page. Non-critical errors do not stop the process from being published.
Step 6. Associating a process with an app
When the route is configured and published, you need to associate it with the Orders app. Add a Process launch button to the order card.
To do this:
- Go to the Orders app and open any order card.
- In the bottom left corner of the card, click on the gear icon.
- Click .
- In the pop-up menu, select Add the process start button.
- Configure the button. Name it “Start Processing” and choose the color. Select the Order processing process, created in the previous steps.
Now the order card has the Start Processing button. When an employee clicks on it, the process starts. The system sends the order information to the approvers and assigns the corresponding tasks. Then, the accountant prepares the invoice, and, finally, all order information goes to the warehouse.