The document type apps are used for creating documents in QuickBPM, for example, agreements, requests, invoices and so on.
You can organize centralized storage of documents, register them, search by document attributes, cerate workflows that will cover all the stages of the document lifecycle. Statuses help to track at what stage the document currently is.
Here is an example of how a document may look like:
Only users included in the Administrators group can create document-type apps.
Go to any workspace and click Add in the left menu.
In the provided window, click More -> Create.
Fill in the provided form:
- App Name – the name of the app that will be shown in the left menu.
- App URL – the URL for quick access to the app. The URL is created automatically, but you can change it if you wish to.
- Item Name – the name of the button for adding new app items.
- Type – select Document.
- Visibility – specify, who will be able to see the app in the left menu. You can change these settings later, if necessary.
- Visible to everyone – the app will be available to all users.
- Only to administrators – the app will be available only to the users included in the Administrators group.
- App Icon – the icon helps users quickly find the app in the left menu.
- View – select the layout of app items.
- Create associated process – if you select this option, then once the app is created, the process modeling page will open immediately. You will be able to add app properties right in the process designer, on the Context tab.
- Run after creating a new app item – once you add a new app item, the associated business process will automatically start. If you select this option, the app forms will be configured only in the advanced mode. Read more about such processes in this article.
After you fill in the data, click Create. A window will open where you can set up the document form.
The default File field on the form cannot be deleted because it stores the file containing the document. QuickBPM supports multiple file formats.
To do that, click Advanced Mode in the form settings window.
Read more about setting up forms in the advanced mode here: Configuring forms in advanced mode.
Creating an app item
To add a new app item, click the green button in the top right corner of the app page. The name of this button depends on the app settings.
In the provided window, add a file with a document and fill in the fields on the right panel. The fields on the panel may vary; select them when you create a new document app.
You can start routing processes from the document form upon clicking the save button, add new buttons and instructions. Read more about these settings in the article Customizing Pages of App Items.